As we already wrote in some previous articles 2014 was not a jubilant year for the Biblestudents and for the Christadelphians in Belgium. They had to face opposition and even people who wanted to silence them.
Because having had some censorship on other websites and some people working against us, we thought it perhaps useful for others (and for ourselves) to show to the outside world that we do not give up and keep going strong.
On 2005 November 11 we started at MSN with our Welkomstwoord, a word of welcoming those who would find us on the internet and greeted those who knew us also from Blogger. Some older articles we placed also on this platform and therefore we said: Welcome to some older articles.
In October 2010 we transferred everything to WordPress and started our publications on this platform, explaining who we are, what we believe and what we want to do.From January 2011 until March 2012 no time was found to publish something on the WordPress Biblestudents site. From April 2012 our motor started very slowly.
When you know that 600 people reached the top of Mt. Everest in 2012 we at the Low Countries could only get about 3,200 views that year. If every person who reached the top of Mt. Everest viewed this blog, it would have taken 5 years to get that many views.
In 2012, there were only 27 new posts, growing the total archive of this blog to 74 posts. The year after we managed to publish 87 new posts, growing the total archive of this blog to 161 posts. We got about 7,600 views in 2013. for 2012 the busiest day of the year was January 9th with 49 views. The most popular post that day was Wat wij geloven. The busiest day of the year 2013 was March 27th with 99 views. The most popular post that day was 14 Nisan a day to remember #4 A Lamb slain.
Our train started to get under-way. If it were a NYC subway train, it would take about 6 trips to carry that many people as we found visiting us. It does not always went in crescendo, so last year we saw less people willing to go along with us on our trip into the Christian world. Again the busiest day seemed to be at the beginning of the year. January 11th got the marker with 73 views. The most popular post that day was Over ons.
In 2014, there were 63 new posts, growing the total archive of this blog to 227 posts.
For 20112 and 2013 Watchtowers’s new face earned the two best places.
In 2014 most people did find us along:
- WordPress.com Reader
On January the 20th of 2015 we got a total of 19,623 views over 227 postings. At the moment the most popular page is the homepage with 11,740 views, followed by
For 2015 we do hope to publish more articles t regular intervals, and look forward to have you as a regular reader, also willing to stimulate us by marking those articles you like and by letting others also know this side which shall try to present Bible verses in different translations and related comments, plus news around bible students from all over the world.
At Stepping Toes:
We were astonished to see how many article we published on there:
- Sharing thoughts and philosophical writings
- Dignified role for the woman
- Father and motherhood
- Uit huis werkende moeders
- Noble motherhood and women
- Children Can Be So…
- Importance of parents 2
- Stand Up
- A New Perspective
- Science and the Bible—Do They Really Contradict Each Other?
- Thomas Aquinas on Wisdom by Robert M. Woods
- Stemt de Bijbel overeen met de wetenschap
- Are Science and the Bible Compatible?
- Science and Religion Harmonized (Once and For All…)
- Wetenschap en religie zijn met elkaar te rijmen
- Vier redenen vóór de opstanding
- Reconciling Science and Religion
- Vruchten van geest beletten hetzij inactief of onvruchtbaar te zijn
- Fruits of the spirit will prevent you from being either inactive or unfruitful
- Op zoek naar spiritualiteit 1 Inleiding
- Op zoek naar spiritualiteit 2 Hoe te vinden
- Op zoek naar spiritualiteit 3 Zin van Christus
- Op zoek naar spiritualiteit 4 Zin van Christus leren kennen
- Op zoek naar spiritualiteit 5 Vrucht van de geest
- Op zoek naar spiritualiteit 6 Spiritualiteit en gebed
- Op zoek naar spiritualiteit 7 Prediking van het goede nieuws
- Op zoek naar spiritualiteit 8 Eigen spiritualiteit
- Looking for True Spirituality 1 Intro
- Looking for True Spirituality 2 Not restricted to an elite
- Looking for True Spirituality 3 Mind of Christ
- Looking for True Spirituality 4 Getting to Know the Mind of Christ
- Looking for True Spirituality 5 Fruitage of the Spirit
- Looking for True Spirituality 6 Spirituality and Prayer
- Looking for True Spirituality 7 Preaching of the Good News
- Looking for True Spirituality 8 Measuring Up
- A man from the North wanting to have control in Belgium
- One Mind, One Accord
- Lord and owner
- Lord in place of the divine name
- Vaderschap ingesteld verbondschap door de Schepper
- Vaderschap complex en uniek verschijnsel 1/2
- Vaderschap complex en uniek verschijnsel 2/2
- Vader tegenhanger van de moeder
- Father counterpart of the mother
- Beminnen en pespecteren van man en vrouw
- Loving and having respect for the woman
- Verleiding in het huwelijk
- Temptation in matrimony
- Magnificent bride for royal wedding
- Jerusalem and a son’s kingdom
- The Genre of the Gospels
- God Our Refuge
- Waarom God lijden toe laat
- Why God permits evil
- Evil Never Ceases
we presented following writings:
- Putting your feelings into words and sharing them
- A Bird’s-Eye View of Fishing
- Warm-blooded, feathered vertebrates
- Before the Sun Rises
- Elul Observances
- The Cares of Life
- A voice cries out: context
- 112314 – A Peculiar People
For major happenings to us in 2014 you may look at:
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2014 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
A New York City subway train holds 1,200 people. This blog was viewed about 6,700 times in 2014. If it were a NYC subway train, it would take about 6 trips to carry that many people.
From guestwriters 2014 in review