MT5:27 “You heard it said: ‘Commit not adultery.’ [Exodus 20:14] MT5:28 But, I tell you: Anyone looking at a woman, desiring her in his heart, has already adulterated her. MT5:29 But, if your right eye stumbles you, cut it out and throw it away. Better to lose one body-member than your whole body be thrown into Gehenna. MT5:30 And, if your right hand stumbles you, cut if off and throw it away. For it is better one of your limbs be lost than your whole body go to Gehenna.
 Heart: Various renderings: TCNT: with impure intention; WEY: cherishes lustful thoughts; WMS: an evil desire; BER: has in his heart already broken the marriage vow. Compare Job 31:1: looking; James 1:18: sin begins. Perhaps no verse of Scripture has tormented male souls more than this one for nearly all men stand condemned at one time in their life for this deviation and those who deny this are liars. Jesus does not mean to condemn, for he knows what is in man, nor does he give a command here; but, he merely states the fact or principle: sin begins in the mind (James 1:14, 15). It is mainly married men Jesus has in mind for unmarried men may look at a single woman with desire for that is the Biblical nature of things (See Song of Songs; 1 Corinthians 7:9).
 If your right eye stumbles you: The looking part. Compare this with 1 John 2:16 and the desire of the eyes. The first warning to Adam regarding the fruit of the tree: ‘it was desirable to look upon.’ (Genesis chs 2, 3) There is probably no more desirable sight than an attractive woman. Any sin begins with first seeing something and desiring (coveting) it. Here is the place to say “No!” to that New Person within with its Transformed Mind (Romans 12:1; Ephesians 4:22, 23).
 If your right hand stumbles you: The eye first sees and then the hand touches or reaches for the desirable object, even as in the case of Adam and Eve (Genesis chs 2, 3). There is the desire of the eye and the pleasure of feeling those sensations through the fingertips. Sin must be stopped by that ‘lamp of the body,’ the eye. It is preferable to avoid those situations which arouse opportunities for this kind of sin. Certainly pornographic material or entertainment ought to be avoided. The Nazarene Saint, male or female, keep their hands to themselves and on guard against undue familiarity with the opposite sex. Note Mark 9:47: kingdom; Colossians 3:5: deaden; Genesis 3:3: touch (Compare Matthew 18:7-9 stumbling).
 Your whole body go to Gehenna: Note it is the “body” which goes to “hell-fire” or Gehenna (Note Matthew 10:28).
Next: Matthew 5:31-32 – 3. The Nazarene’s Commentary on Deuteronomy 24:1
- No time for immorality
- Liberal and evangelical Christians
- Breaking up with a cult
- Not making yourselves abominable
- John 4 exhortation: The one that broke the mould
- When having found faith through the study of the Bible we do need to do works of faith
- The works we have to do according to James
- Additional comments to the 3rd Letter to the Romans
- Additional comments to the Letter to the Romans 4
- Is Justification a process?
- I can’t believe that … (4) God’s word would be so violent
- Brunei introducing a raft of tough sharia punishments
- Grave, tomb, sepulchre – graf, begraafplaats, rustplaats, sepulcrum
- Sheol, Sheool, Sjeool, Hades, Hell, Grave, Tomb, Sepulchre
- Proverbs 5:21 Everything In View
- C & C: The Piper Piped and Herodias’ Daughter Danced
- Strong Desire
- One More Re-Hash on This Subject
- Getting Tired
- Is it considered fornication if a couple is with child?
- My Forgiven Story
- All Poured Out
- Rebuilding broken Me
- Naming your Fears
- Worldliness Lip Service
- Great Expectations
- david devlin cheater bozeman montana
- Covenant, not contract
- david devlin bozeman montana cheater
- Do You Have What It Takes To Be a Cheater?
- The Enemy of God’s people (Revelation 17-18)
- Legal Forgiveness = Forgiveness? in a Divorce Action
- If We are Sinful, How Can We be Capable of Doing Good?
- The Case of Wandering Eyes
- Lust, Men, and Jesus
- The Cleaving – (Part 2)
- Saying “no” in faith
- Missing My Left Hand
- The Renewed Mind: When the Impossible Seems Logical
- Let God change the way you think in 2017>