|| Matthew 8:18, 23, 27; Luke 8:22-25
MK4:35 Now that same day when it was night-time, Jesus said to his disciples: “Let us go across the Sea of Galilee.” MK4:36 So after they dismissed the crowds, the disciples took Jesus away aboard a fishing boat. Also, other small fishing boats went with them. MK4:37 But, a great windstorm came up and the waves were smashing into the boat so that it was swamped. MK4:38 Jesus himself was in the stern asleep with his head on a cushion. His disciples woke him up and yelled: “Lord, do you not care if we all perish!” MK4:39 So Jesus rose and then rebuked the wind, speaking to the sea: “Hush! Be quiet!” And the wind did stop and a perfect calm came over the sea. MK4:40 Jesus said to them: “Why are you so frightened? Have you no faith?” MK4:41 Then they were awestruck and said to one another: “Who really is this [person] that even the wind and the sea obey him?”
 Matthew 8:18, 23, 27: For details see notes in Nazarene Commentary 2000 on Matthew.
 With his head on a cushion: This little detail is not mentioned in Matthew and Luke.
- Fear in your own heart or outside of it
- Why are you afraid?
- So many being afraid – reason enough to step in the boat with Christ
- “In The Midst Of The Storm”
- Today’s thought “Stormy winds fulfilling his word” (February 2)
- Today’s thought “Who then is this?” (February 8)
- 3rd week of ordinary time – cycle 1- Saturday-gospel-reading Mark 4:35-41
- Mark 4:35-41, let’s start
- Mark 4:35-41 and some hard stuff
- Mark 4:35-41 and a dead calm
- Before and After Mark 4:35-41
- Mark 4:35-41 and Footnotes
- Text Study for Mark 4:35-41 (Pt. 1); 4 Pentecost B 2021
- Text Study for Mark 4:35-41 (Pt. 2); 4 Pentecost B 2021
- Text Study for Mark 4:35-41 (Pt. 3); 4 Pentecost B 2021
- Text Study for Mark 35-41 (Pt. 4); 4 Pentecost B 2021
- The sayings of Jesus- Steps to Finding Peace in the Storms of Life.
- On a desert Lake in a sudden Storm
- Job and Jesus and the Revelation of God
- Faith Has Better Teeth — Saturday Sermons from the Sidelines
- Kingdom Creating Connections
- 12 Ordinary Time Sunday
- Be Quiet, Be Still: A Homily for June 20, 2021
- Fear as an Invitation – Br. Curtis Almquist
- Are We Going to Live in Fear or Faith?
- Anchor Deep… and Hold On!
- Stormy weather
- Even the wind and the sea obey him; do you?
- The Fear of the LORD
- Jesus calms the storm
- Calm Amid the Storm
- Fear in the Storm
- The Wednesday Word: Storms and the Majestic Saviour Part 1
- The Wednesday Word: Storms and the Majestic Saviour Part 2
- Mark 4:35-41 for real
- Five Words
- The Peace Speaker
- Jesus is with us. There’s no need for fear.
- Mark 4:35-41 in comparison
- Singing in the Strain
- The Eye of God in the Heart
- Day 24: Beckoning
- Morning Prayer for Friday January 22