|| Matthew 20:29-34; Luke 18:35-43
MK10:46 Now they approached Jericho, and as Jesus left Jericho with his disciples and a large crowd of people, a blind beggar named Bartimaeus, the son of Timaeus, was sitting by the road. MK10:47 And when he heard that it was Jesus the Nazarene, he began to shout and say: “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!” MK10:48 But, many [in the crowd] rebuked him and told him to keep quiet. However, he just shouted even more: “Son of David, have mercy on me!” MK10:49 Now Jesus stopped and said: “All of you bring him here!” MK10:50 Then [Bartimaeus] threw off his garment, and rising he approached Jesus. MK10:51 So Jesus responded and said to him: “What do you want me to do for you?” The blind man answered: “Rabboni, I wish to see again!” MK10:52 Then Jesus said to him: “Go now, your faith has healed you.” Instantly, he regained his sight and began to follow Jesus on the road.
 Bartimaeus, the son of Timaeus: This blind beggar is named as he likely became a well-known Christian later. There was another beggar present who is not mentioned by Mark.
 Rebuked him: Possibly including some of the apostles.
 Rabboni: A more intimate and respectful designation than “Rabbi.”
- 8th week of ordinary-time-cycle -2- Thursday gospel-reading – Mark 10:46-52Studying Mark 10 46-52
- Reflecting on Mark 10 46-52
- On Wanting the Right Thing — Saturday Sermons from the Sidelines
- Text Study for Mark 10:46-52 (Pt. 1); October 24, 2021
- Text Study for Mark 10:46-52 (Pt. 2); October 24, 2021
- Text Study for Mark 10:46-52 (Pt. 3); October 24, 2021
- Text Study for Mark 10:46-52 (Pt. 4); October 24, 2021
- Text Study for Mark 10:46-52 (Pt. 5); October 24, 2021
- Text Study for Mark 10:46-52 (Pt. 6); October 24, 2021
- Where Are the Disciples?
- When I Cannot See the Morning
- What Do You Really Want? And What Does That Say About You? (Bible Study Mark 10-Part 3)
- Hearing a blind beggar’s cry (Mark 10:47)
- “Let Me See Again” – A Sermon On Mark 10:46-52
- Blind Bartimaeus Healed (Mark 10:46-52) Sunday School Lesson and Activities
- What do you want me to do for you? – Br. Jonathan Maury
- Bartimaeus Wants to See
- Imitating Bartimaeus (Mark 10:51)
- We Are Called To Love Everyone (Bible Study Mark 10 – Part 2)
- Help Me See Again (Mk 10:46-52)
- The Gift of Sight
- Seeing Color
- 22nd Sunday after Pentecost – Gospel Message from this pastor: Are you connected to Jesus ‘ way of life?
- Don’t Blind Yourself!
- Second Chances
- “Believing Is Seeing”
- The Faith to Ask
- Stopped in Our Tracks Sermon on Mark 10: 46-52
- What if we were to listen …?
- “Sacrament and Solidarity: Bartimaeus, Disability, and Church Community.”