Review Questions on Chapter One
• Describe the beginning of the Gospel in Mark.
• Describe some of the first things Jesus did and said.
• Did Jesus wish to be alone from time to time?
• What made Jesus’ teaching seem “new”?
• Who were some of the people Jesus healed?
• What did the demons know?
Several times Mark describes Jesus as a person who enjoyed his privacy. (#Luke 4:42)
Jesus used a.o. the synagogues for his teachings (Mark 1:21)and later Paul was to follow the Nazarene’s example in using the Jewish synagogue system as the frame work for the beginning of Christianity.