2015 the year where terrorist acts demanded so much attention of people that some of them got over-frightened and even did not want to have refugees in their neighbourhood.
In the year that climate change at last got some more attention, every day hundreds of stories were produced on any given day and people before, between and after work are confronted with loads of messages, which because of the big amount do not move them so much any more.
There were some lunatics who took others with them into death, for own personal reasons, for revenge at the society or for religious reasons.
There was the Germanwings plane crash – as it happened, Paris attacks which killed more than 120 people – as it happened, and as such Europe came at war with the known but also unknown enemy. Paris terror attacks: Hollande says Isis atrocity was ‘act of war’.
In the Time to consider how to care for our common home many people in 2015 also got lost. Lost at sea: the man who vanished for 14 months. It took a long time before more Europeans became moved by what was happening with those people who are looking for some safer place than Syria or Iraq. Shocking images of drowned Syrian boy show tragic plight of refugees.
For some the end of capitalism has begun. Others clearly see the signs we have be warned off by the very old words in the Book of books.
We too, prefer to listen to those words and let them guide us. We take them at heart and do know that we are going to come to face a hard time. Therefore it is so important that more Bible students and Bible scholars warn the people of what is going to happen. Therefore we also shall continue in 2016 to bring our messages.
We know that there has been a Christian group whose confident prediction of the end of the world proved wrong but we are convinced all the prophesies given in the Bible shall come true. We also know nobody knows the exact date, but we are warned that we can and should come to see the signs of it. And we have come in a time that we can no longer ignore the signs.
Our world may have been confronted with the neural network that throws up hallucinatory images; and the Taiwanese boy who punched a hole through a 350-year-old, $1.5m painting, we should know that all the material around us is not of such an importance but that we should aim at the spiritual and the more important value, the Way to God and the Way to enter the Kingdom of God.
This 323rd message on Bible Students, placed on January the 11th, 2016, after we got a total of 26 915 views since 2010 when we started on WordPress, looks back on 2015 and looks forward to 2016, the year we want to offer you more writings and more interesting thoughts.
We are thankful that You come along here and without your presence our work would not be of much use.
In 2015, the year of Rumours of problems in Roman Catholic Church, there were 93 new posts, growing the total archive of this blog to 321 posts, which were getting views from 128 countries. today we have already 322 postings and now you are reading our 323rd publication on this site, but do not forget you also may find writings by us on Stepping Toes were we talked a.o. about Roman, Aztec and other rites still influencing us today and on From Guestwriters, were we entered the abortion debate.
We try to reach as many people as possible and also try to bring some articles in the different main languages of our guest country Belgium, where German is also spoken and were the German article Der heilige Geist wird euch an alle Dinge erinnern got the most comments in 2015.
We sincerely hope we may find you under our readers again in 2016 and the following years and hope to bring more articles which can please you and be of interest for many.
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2015 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
A New York City subway train holds 1,200 people. This blog was viewed about 7,700 times in 2015. If it were a NYC subway train, it would take about 6 trips to carry that many people.
Find additional reading
- State of Europe 2015 – Addressing Europe’s crises
- Asylum seekers crisis and Europe’s paralysis
- What we don’t say about the refugee crisis?
- Paris attacks darkening the world
- Brussels-born Salah Abdeslam key suspect Paris terrorist attacks
- Summary for the year 2015 #1 Threat and fear
- Summary for the year 2015 # 2 Strewn with corpses and refugees
- 2015 In the Picture
- 2015 Human rights
- 2015 Health and Welfare
- 2015 Ecology
- Massive police operation in northern Paris suburb of Saint-Denis
- Refugee crisis, terrorist attacks and created fear
- French Muslims under attack
- Before you blame All Muslims for the terrorist attack in Paris
- Trump brand of migrant demonization #1
- Trump brand of migrant demonization #2
- Solidarité: The Paris Attack and the Refugee Crisis
- Children of Men
- How to make sustainable, green habits second nature
- Vatican against Opponents of immigration
- Greenpeace demands scale up of ecological farming
- Republican member of Congress from Arizona to boycott pope’s address over climate change
- Vatican meeting of mayors talking about global warming, human trafficking and modern-day slavery
- Paris World Summit of Conscience, International interfaith gathering #1
- Paris World Summit of Conscience, International interfaith gathering #2
- Paris World Summit of Conscience, International interfaith gathering #3
- 2015 Summit of Consciences for the Climate
- Senator Loren Legarda says climate change not impossible to address
- Shaped by years of unprecedented outreach and public engagement
- Building a low-carbon world: the sixth industrial revolution
- Natural capital in concept works. They know it, we know it, but how come it rarely translates at the coal-face of sustainable development?
- A Miracle of Unity at COP21
- Time to consider how to care for our common home
- Rumours of problems in Roman Catholic Church
- Bijbelvorsers Blogging annual report and 2015 in review
Others looking back at 2015
- The Unified Field, Soul Partnership and More.
- Dear 2015
- Ode to 2015
- The last sunset
- 2015 (londondiaryblog)
- 2015 – year of continued subjugation of Indian males
- The 2015 change
- A New Year: 2015 In Review and Plans for 2016!
- A highlight of 2015
- Farewell 2015
- Flash backs 
- My top stories of 2015
- Global Bubblegum Market 2015 Industry Insights, Study, Forecasts, Outlook, Development, Growth, Overview and Demands
- 2015 (damanizayas)
- Year in Review
- Sal Gomez Photography Video Slide Shows – A Year End Retrospective
- Goodbye 2015..
- My Achievements for 2015
- 2015 in Review: Original
- 5 Things I Take Away From 2015.
- Favorite-est things from #2015
- End of the Year Survey 2015!
- My Goodreads Year in Review
- The Annual End of Year Book Survey: 2015 Edition!
- The best books I read this year
- 2015: a year in review
- 2015 Favorites: Brushes!
- 2015 was great…
- 2015: A bad year of Tollywood
- 2015. (ichamber17)
- 2015 in review (thegatheringfire)
- As the Year 2015 Go
- Kaleidoscope of 2015
- 2015… (leahlorenesjourney)
- “New Year, New Me”
- Bye bye 2015 and welcome 2016
- A Thank You Note to 2015
- Thank you, 2015. Welcome, 2016
- 2015 In Review// Thanks
- Goodbye 2015
- 2015 in Blogging Annual Report (honeycrunch32)
- 2015 in Blogging Annual Report (nailsbyhoneycrunch321)
- FOOD for Life’s 2015 in review
- Nia 2015 – Beyond 21st Century Sharecropping
- Reflecting on 2015
- As 2015 fades into history, hello 2016
- Looking Back…
- 2015: A Year in Songs & Haikus