Psalms 28:2 Hear my cry for mercy as I call to you for help, as I lift up my hands towards your Most Holy Place.
Psalms 63:4 I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands.
Psalms 134:1 A song of ascents. Praise the LORD, all you servants of the LORD who minister by night in the house of the LORD.
Psalms 134:2 Lift up your hands in the sanctuary and praise the LORD.
Psalms 141:1 A psalm of David. O LORD, I call to you; come quickly to me. Hear my voice when I call to you.
Psalms 141:2 May my prayer be set before you like incense; may the lifting up of my hands be like the evening sacrifice.
Psalms 47:1 For the director of music. Of the Sons of Korah. A psalm. Clap your hands, all you nations; shout to God with cries of joy.
Psalms 47:2 How awesome is the LORD Most High, the great King over all the earth!
Lamentations 3:40 Let us examine our ways and test them, and let us return to the LORD.
Lamentations 3:41 Let us lift up our hearts and our hands to God in heaven, and say:
2 Chronicles 5:13 The trumpeters and singers joined in unison, as with one voice, to give praise and thanks to the LORD. Accompanied by trumpets, cymbals and other instruments, they raised their voices in praise to the LORD and sang: “He is good; his love endures for ever.” Then the temple of the LORD was filled with a cloud,
Nehemiah 8:6 Ezra praised the LORD, the great God; and all the people lifted their hands and responded, “Amen! Amen!” Then they bowed down and worshipped the LORD with their faces to the ground.
Ezra 9:5 Then, at the evening sacrifice, I rose from my self-abasement, with my tunic and cloak torn, and fell on my knees with my hands spread out to the LORD my God
1 Kings 8:22 Then Solomon stood before the altar of the LORD in front of the whole assembly of Israel, spread out his hands towards heaven
1 Kings 8:23 and said: “O LORD, God of Israel, there is no God like you in heaven above or on earth below—you who keep your covenant of love with your servants who continue wholeheartedly in your way.
1 Kings 8:54 When Solomon had finished all these prayers and supplications to the LORD, he rose from before the altar of the LORD, where he had been kneeling with his hands spread out towards heaven.
1 Kings 8:55 He stood and blessed the whole assembly of Israel in a loud voice, saying:
1 Timothy 2:8 I want men everywhere to lift up holy hands in prayer, without anger or disputing.
Ephesians 5:18 Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit.
Ephesians 5:19 Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord,
John 4:24 God is spirit, and his worshippers must worship in spirit and in truth.”
Quotes from the NIV
Dutch version / Nederlandse versie: Geklap in de handen en gejuich voor God
- Many forgot how Christ should be our anchor and our focus
- On the Affirmation of Scripture
- Necessity of a revelation of creation 14 Searching the scriptures
- Reasons why you may not miss the opportunity to go to a Small Church
- Praise and give thanks to God the Most Highest
- What Jesus sang
- What is important?
- Music and young people in Christadelphia
- A small rant…music, young people and Christadelphia
- Art and other taboos
- Performing music
- Let Joy take temptation’s place
- From Picking to Performing Sunday Morning Music
- We Plow the Fields and Scatter
- 7 tips for those who play melody instruments in a church band.
- Back to the Future at TMC!
- His praises resound in us – the new temple!
- I owe no one an apology for kneeling down to worship God — Ooni Of Ife tells critics
- Kneeling, Humility, & Lost Reverence
- Stuff I Use in Sacred Practice
- Sermon: Learning to Kneel
- He Who Kneels
- Your Strength Begins on your Knees.