It is not easy to be humble. We all like to be some one and to accomplish something worthwhile in life.
When leaving our childhood behind the innocence goes with it as well. Most little children are guided from the family and their surroundings and learn the facts of life when passing from one year into an other. Every year people also come up with new good intentions. Every year anew we want to do it better and have it better than the previous year.
From the teachings of Jesus we learn that the Realm of heaven is among those people that are humble. We must know that those people who follow the teachings of the Nazarene master teacher are willing to change their paths. They are feeling to proud not to show their weaknesses and not telling what they did wrong. They are aware of their weaknesses and of their wrong doings or sinful ways. But they are prepared to learn and to follow God’s will.
We should know that humility is the gateway to the heaven realm. When wanting to become a member of that Body of Christ, we should not mind becoming like a child again. Our baptism is not an end point, but just a starting point in our becoming a Christian. It shall take time and we do have to give it time. Patience shall be very important to our growth, to make it a successful growth.
Having been baptised the “newborn” Christian shall have to be willing to learn everything like a child has to learn everything. He or she shall need to read God’s Words, the Bible, and have their faith being strengthened. Luckily they do not have to be alone. Because there is the congregation of brethren and sisters, who should be there to help. We are also not alone, for God has sent the Comforter to lead us to know the truth. That Holy Spirit should be our guide. We may never forget that incredible Power of God, Which is there for every person who wants to have that Power entering his or her spirit.
Being ‘Born again’ means having received an other or new “I”. It is about a “Turning Point” a new and other direction to be taken. When you commit yourself to your baptism and becoming a member of a ‘church’ or ‘ecclesia’ you are indicating your willingness to change your own direction and starting fresh as though you are being born all over again. At that point you want to start a new voyage, being fresh, receptive, and pliable. The metaphor Jesus is using is indicating we have to become like a malleable, receptive child for aligning with the kingdom of God.
When we keep our pride we shall not be enough pliable to adapt to our new community where we shall have to take a place like anybody else, offering to do whatever is needed in the community. We shall have to accept our ageing and sometimes not being able to do certain things, but also the other way round having respect for elder people or for those (young and old) who have more experience in the religious and ecclesial matters.
As newborn one it is important to become feeling like a brother or sister of the others. There also has to be a willingness to be submissive to the religious group as a whole and to be a bringer of peace, unity, and sweet accord. Naturally there must be a willingness to follow the Scriptural process of settling offences and an impartiality in the exercise of discipline.
There is no place in the group for inequality. Everybody should be regarded as equal and having the same rights, but also the same duties. as such one day a person can be the speaker, the next time the listener. By the baptism a person is brought into membership which confers the right to join in taking the emblems, but also to serve in the community. Taking part of the emblems is reserved only for those who are baptised and member of the world-wide community. Our community may be small, because we require that a person who want to be part of the brotherhood has real knowledge of the biblical truth and is willing to be a faithful partaker of the body of Christ. As followers of the early church we too ask the same effort and responsibility as the first Christians. Being part of a church demands willingness for “making church”, spreading the love of Christ, with giving, serving, witnessing and seeking to be a blessing to other.
- Looking at things, distinctions resolutions and expressions
- Counting sands and stars
- A New Year and a New Person
- Not missing your appointment in 2017
- Helping each other with prayer to start the new academic year
- Today’s thought “A New Year” (January 01)
- Today’s thought “A Perfect World” (January 02)
- More on Grace and Spiritual Fruit – Abide in Me, and I in you
- Unless I wash you, you have no part with me
- the Bible – God’s guide for life #8 Looking to Jesus #1 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus
- Certain Catholics claiming that the power of the priest is equal to that of Jesus Christ
- Consecration of the priests
- Entrance of a king to question our position #2 Who do we want to see and to be
- Full text of Pope Francis’ Interview with ‘La Vanguardia’
- Don’t Harden Your Heart
- It’s not that I’m so smart
- Humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God
- Willing to be little
- Humility and the Fear of the Lord
- Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience
- A man who cannot forgive others
- The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands
- There is no true and constant gentleness without humility
- Learn how to go out into the world and proclaim the Good News of the coming Kingdom
- Suffering redemptive because Jesus redeemed us from sin
- Be kinder than necessary
- Heed of the Saviour
- A Ransom for all 3 Seeing Him as He is
- When believing in God’s existence and His son, possessing a divine legislation
- Atonement And Fellowship 7/8
- Praise the New Born
- Rebirth and belonging to a church
- Victory in rebirth
- Get Your Wonderful Disease-proof Human Body
- Women, conservative evangelicals and their counter-offensive
- A Living Faith #4 Effort
- Let us become nothing, and Christ everything
- The works we have to do according to James
- Be Humble Like A Little Child
- How Do We Become Part of the Kingdom of God?
- Make your membership count for something
- Duties of the Church Member
- A Vision for our Future
- Who am I?
- Jesus Born Anywhere
- Bethlehem In Us
- What If Jesus Were Your Dad: You Must Be Raised Again
- Die First, Then be Church
- Born of Him: 1st John 2:29
- Receiving the True Light
- Life in the spirit realm 2