MT13:36 Then Jesus released the crowds and came into the house. His disciples approached him, saying, “Explain to us the parable of the zizania of the field.” MT13:37 Jesus responded by saying, “The One sowing the good seed is the Son of Humankind. MT13:38 The field is the world. The good seed are the sons of the Realm; but the zizania are the sons of the Evil One. MT13:39 The enemy sowing them is the Devil. The harvest is the consummation of a period. The reapers are angels. MT13:40 So, even as the zizania are gathered and burned in fire, thus it will be at the consummation of the Period. MT13:41 The Son of Humankind will send forth his angels and they will cull out of his Realm everything that causes scandal and those doing lawlessness. MT13:42 The angels will cast out [the sons of the Evil One] into the furnace of fire. There will be lamentation and grinding of teeth. MT13:43 Then the righteous will shine forth like the sun [Daniel 12:3] in the Realm of their Father. Let the one with ears, hear.”
 Released the crowds: Or, KJV: sent the multitude away; NWT: dismissed. One wonders how he did this.
 The parable of the zizania of the field: The disciples give us their title for the parable. We see also the critical point they wondered about.
 Field is the world: The Greek for “world” is KOSMOS and means something arranged in a certain order to characterize it. The whole world of humankind is the field of the Lord.
 Good seed are the sons of the Realm: Jesus has used the phrase “sons of the kingdom” earlier. In Matthew 8:12 these are children of Israel. The Nazarene tells that Jewish generation that the kingdom will be removed and given to another nation (Matthew 21:43). That nation proved to be a spiritual one identical to the Christian Church (1 Peter 2:5-9; Galatians 6:16). The “sons of the Realm” are the children of God within the realm of profession. Compare 2 Timothy 2:19.
 The sons of the Evil One: That is, children of the Devil. This distinction is made by Jesus in the writings of John (John 8:44; 1 John 3:10). According to the apostle John what primarily identifies the children of the Devil is hatred and lack of love (charity). On this matter compare Matthew 25:31-46.
 The consummation of a period: The whole phrase in Greek is TE SYNTELEIA TOU AIONOS. It is nearly identical to Matthew 24:3 (see notes) and Hebrews 9:26. The phrase is also rendered: KJV: the end of the world; TCNT: the close of the age; NWT: conclusion of the system of things. It seems the disciples draw their use in Matthew 24:3 from Daniel 9:26 where SYNTELEIAS occurs in the Jewish Greek Bible (LXX). Jerome translates SYNTELEIA by consumatis.
 Angels: Compare Matthew 24:30, 31 and Matthew 25:31 where angels attend the King when he arrives to judge his realm. This is the parousia-judgment. The Nazarene’s parables in Matthew chapters 24 and 25 also deal with this judgment of his own household of faith.
 The zizania are gathered: Note from the initial statement of the parable that the zizania were bound and burned “first.” That is, their judgment occurs before the “sons of the Realm” are seen within the Father’s Kingdom. The parousia-judgment is a time of judging the Church upon its resurrection. For, Paul says, “we must ALL stand before the judgment-seat of Christ.” (2 Corinthians 5:10) These are those “of Christ at his Parousia.” (1 Corinthians 15:23) Within the Household of Faith all professing Christians are resurrected to their judgment day upon the Return of Christ (Daniel 12:1, 2; John 5:28, 29). Those thus raised to judgment will have two outcomes: life or shame (Daniel 12:2; 1 John 2:28; 4:17). This is the truth taught by Jesus’ Parousia parables (Matthew 24, 25). Consider the word study on judgment day.
 The consummation of the Period: Similar to the previous phrase but now with the article in Greek. This is the end of the Age or Period prior to the Return of Christ when the Harvest begins. It may also be the end of the Gospel Age or Age of the Church.
 Causes scandal: The Greek is SCANDALA and is usually rendered: KJV: things that offend; ASV: cause stumbling; MOF: all who are hindrances; PME: spoiling; BECK: who lead others to do wrong. The history of the Church has been scandalous. These will meet their King with shame (1 John 2:28).
 Cast out: The Greek is related to the same word for exorcising demons.
 The righteous: Compare the “righteous” at Matthew 25:37. The “righteous” are contrasted to the “lawless” for righteousness is the same as being law-abiding. The key law is that of love expressed by charity and hospitality as the parable of Matthew 25:31-46 shows.
 Shine forth like the sun: The strong allusion is from Daniel 12:3. The “sons of the kingdom” have now become part of the Father’s Kingdom in heaven. Note this verse in Daniel follows upon the foretold “oppression” associated with the appearing of Michael (Daniel 12:1, 2 JBS; compare Matthew 24:30).
 Let the one with ears, hear: Compare notes on Matthew 13:9.
- Thanksgivukkah and Advent
- The Right One to follow and to worship
- Memorizing wonderfully 7 Exodus
- Looking for a spiritual new life
- Thought for September 8 Weak but standing strong in the ground swell
- Sayings of Jesus, what to believe and being or not of the devil
- Outflow of foundational relationship based on acceptance of Jesus
- The one who set the standard
- To whom do we want to be enslaved
- Not words of any organisation should bind you, but the Word of God
- Humility and the Fear of the Lord
- We all are changed into the same image from glory to glory
- We Are The Children Of God
- Christians remaining hidden not sharing the gospel
- Laboring in the Vineyard or Sitting on the Hillside with Jonah?
- Just a Thought
- The Judgment Seat of Christ
- The Gift of Today – April 11 – The Judgment Seat of Christ
- The Judgment Seat of Christ: Romans 2:1-2:16
- Revealed by Fire
- The BEMA Judgment Seat of Christ – Our Rewards
- Stuck! Ten Areas That Will Bury You as a Believer and How to Dig Your Way Out! (Area #7- Success) (con’t)
- My reward is with me – Revelation 22:12
- Judgment Seat of Christ Series #7 – Part 144 of Riddles, Enigmas & Esoteric Imagery of Revelation
- God’s accessment of our work (of our lives)
- Be Sheep Not Goats! The Son of Man Will Judge the Nations
- Children of the Devil.
- Jesus was numbered with the transgressors that his sheep might be numbered amongst the children of God
- How shall I put thee among the children