MT13:44 “The Realm of Heaven may be compared to a treasure hidden in a field. When a person found that hidden treasure out of sheer joy he went and sold everything he possessed and bought the field.
 Field: We are back to a field again. This is the third time.
 Sold everything he possessed: This is a command Jesus gave to some persons, including his personal apostles (Matthew 19:21; Mark 10:21; Luke 12:32, 33; 18:22). The early Christians actually did this (Acts 4:34, 36). Paul also made such sacrifices (Philippians 3:7).
 Bought the field: The lesson may be: sometimes it is worth getting rid of everything to obtain something far more wonderful. The treasure is likely the opportunity of membership in the Christian Church, the realm of profession under the rule of the Lord Jesus Christ. There is a Proverb which says: “Buy truth itself and do not sell it-wisdom and discipline and understanding.” (Proverbs 23:23 NWT) To attain these Christine privileges and their promises it is worth loosing everything to obtain it. Jesus taught: “The one who sacrifices his being for me will gain it.”
- A good idea to halt all activity for one hour some day
- Not everyone in the churches of Christ are “ungodly”
- Called Christian
- The Realm of profession in Christianity
- Partakers and sons of the Realm
- To sacrifice our being for Christ
- Today’s thought “Blessed people …” (July 27)
- A heart in the right place and brightly burning faith
- Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness
- A treasure which can give me everything I need
- Hidden Treasures
- Kingdom Treasure
- Farmer Jesus and Kingdom Seeds [Mt 13:10-13, 31-33, 44-46, Rom 8:39]
- The Prophetic Parables of Matthew 13 (p3)
- The Prophetic Parables of Matthew 13 (p4)
- Bible Study Notes on Matthew 13:24-58 – 20180112
- Good seed
- Growing in Faith
- Being Afraid of a Somewhat-Changing Church
- Can We Still Celebrate Us?
- Spiritual Fatherhood, Part 1. The Real Church of Christ Understands It!