|| Luke 11:42
MT23:23 “WOE to you hypocritical Scribes and Pharisees because you tithe the mint, dill, and cummin, but you leave out the weightier matters of the Law: justice and mercy and faith. The former is necessary to perform but also the latter. MT23:24 Blind guides, you [religiously] pick out the gnat but swallow the whole camel!
 You tithe: Or, give the tenth. Leviticus 27:30 commands, “Every tenth part of the land, out of the seed of the land and the fruit of the tree, belongs to Jehovah.” Jesus is indicating their religious Jews were rigorous in their tithing, right down to such insignificant herbs.
 Mint, dill, and cummin: Small amounts of herbs used in seasoning food. Luke 11:42 puts it, “… and the rue and of every [other] vegetable.” Mint is mentioned only in Matthew and Luke. Dill is only mentioned here in the Bible. Dill was used for seasoning as well certain medical disorders. Regarding cummin see Isaiah 28:22-29. Or, TCNT: mint, finnel and caraway seed; BAS: all sorts of sweet-smelling plants; TAY: down to the last mint leaf in your garden.
 You leave out the weightier matters of the Law: Or, ASV: have left undone; RHM: have dismissed; RSV: neglected; KNX: forgotten; NEB: overlooked the weightier demands. Certainly religious leaders create multitudinous rules great and small but in their personal lives ignore the fundamentals of their faith.
 The former is necessary to perform: Jesus said in Matthew 5:17 that he did not come to destroy the Law. He speaks here to religious Jews bound by the Mosaic Law. Tithing is unknown in the early Christian church.
 You [religiously] pick out the gnat but swallow the whole camel: The “gnat” was unclean to the Jew so these would remove from any drink (Leviticus 11:42). However the camel was also “unclean.” (Leviticus 11:4) In other words in some areas these clergy when to great lengths of religiosity while in other areas they completely ignored legal regulations. Or, KJV: strain at a gnat; RIEU: you filter your wine to get rid of a gnat; NEB: the midge; PME: you filter out the mosquito.
- Ideas about Religiosity
- Being Religious and Spiritual 2 Religiosity and spiritual life
- Finding God amid all the religious externals
- The false prophets in the present world
- Problems attracting and maintaining worshippers
- When there is secrecy involved
- Sword of the Spirit – Old Manna #1009
- What Doctrines came out of the Shepherding/Discipleship Movement (SDM)?
- Expenses, costs – Onkosten, uitgaven
- Contribution – Contributie, bijdrage
- Building God’s House First
- The Blessing in Being a Blessing is “Ki Tavo” in the Hebrew
- tithe An amount of money that a person gives to a church, usually one-tenth of their income.
Tithing the scary topic. Tithing is a conversation that I have seen a lot of people get weird around.
- Cha Ching!Easily Confused Words: Teethe vs. Tithe
- Prepaid Debt
- The church and giving…
- Techno Tithe
- 10% More Poor
- Tithing vs. Generosity
- The Giveaway!
- Bring your whole tithe
- Honor the Lord
- Daily Service – Tithe Part 1
- Daily Service – Tithe Part 2
- Daily Service -Tithe 3
- Biblical Tithe Facts
- What Does the Bible Say About Tithing in the New Testament?
- The Truth About Tithing
- On Tithes, Offerings and Psalm 50
- Biblical Tithe System
- Tithing Truths
- Bible Verses on Tithe Your Pastor Will Never Tell You
- Do Christians Have to Tithe?
- The Life of a Christian is a Life of Generosity
- Does Your Income Go Into A Bag With Holes?
- Hebrews 7:9 In addition, we might even say that these Levites-the ones who collect the tithe-paid a tithe to Melchizedek when their ancestor Abraham paid a tithe to him.
- The Prosperity Gospel: Man’s Version Of Truth
- Double Tithes and Speech
- ‘No Christian Should Pay Tithe’- Popular Pastor Says
- Nigerian Christians don’t know they are to eat and merry with their tithes – Man says
- I Go To Church But I Don’t Pay Tithe-Mark Okraku Mantey Reveals
- ”You are not cheating God if you give your tithe to a needy person” – Catholic Priest says
- You haven’t cheated God if you gave your tithe to a needy person – Rev Fr. Oluoma (Video)
- Video: You Are Not Robbing God If You Give Tithe To Needy Person – Catholic Priest
- More Blessed
- The Seed of Generosity
- Tithe First
- 3 Things God Will Do for a Tither and Not for a Non-tither
- 7 Promises God Gives People Who Tithe
- Tithing – God Wants Our Heart, Not Our Money
- How I pay my tithe in trailer loads – Oyedepo explains
- Mr Peacock, covenant with Abraham’s children, and tithe
- Prima manducare
- I already pay tithe for my future husband – Nigerian lady reveals
- One Way to Satisfy the Soul
- A Poor Widow’s Offering
- The Widow’s Offering | It’s True Message
- The Widow’s Mite
- Tithing: Why it is Crucial for Financial Well-Being
- Woe to Prosperity!
- Faith Workout: Giving
- Stop Tithing and Start Giving
- We Must Give God Our Best!
- Tithing Under GraceStewardship is Faith forming1 Corinthians 6:19-20
- Consistent Relationship Building with Divinity