Summer time to spend some more time at the growing process of your faith
Most of the time of the year people have an excuse that they have no time because they have to do this or that for work. Work often gets the first place and next comes the time to do the shopping for the household-duties and cooking. After a full day of work, cooking and eating there is ample good family time and most of it is used to relax. Not so much time is made free to read and study the Bible.
July and August are the moths lots of people do have some time for themselves. It is that free time which is also ideal to pick up your Bible and do some reading in it. The Summertime is ideal to take some time off and to think about more important matters than money and work to get the money in the till.
These Summer-months are also the good time to cultivate your personal devotional time. Throughout the year we spend enough time for making sure enough money shall come in to be able to live relaxed or in a good way. For some people the relaxing bit does not seem to come any more because work has taken them up so much that it burns them up. Today we see many people with a burn out, not happy any more, but so frustrated it seems to eat them up. They do not seem to find a source to renew their energy any more. Though they should know there is A Source available for all people to recharge and also to come out stronger. Lots of people do not want to know about that Source, but it is ‘set apart’ or ‘holy’ source. It is a Living Water provided by an unending Source of Life. It comes from the Divine Creator Who is the eternal Spirit God. He is the source of all spiritual development, Which cannot be neglected by man. Without that Source man cannot grow and can not become mature. Transformation begins with time in His Word and prayer. And now is an ideal time to take time for it.
Man’s goal is to become more independent and self-sufficient as we age. But in the spiritual realm, the opposite is true. Those who are mature in Christ and in his heavenly Father recognize their own inadequacy and rely on the Holy Spirit within them. They know Jesus could not do much without That Only One God. Jesus was very well aware that all he did was only possible because God allowed him to do so and because God wanted him to give the Power to do so. We too need power in our life. We, like Jesus, do need the Strong Hand of the heavenly Father to guide us and to pull us over our difficulties, the many gorges and ravines. In Him we should trust and feel secure.
Now the Sun-rays heats the earth around us, we can feel her warmth also as a source of energy. Forgetting all about work we can stroll in the God given nature and see all the beauties of it, where when at work we do not have much time for.
So let yourself go, take time of, and enjoy the beauties of nature. But do not forget Who is the Source of it and give also some spare time to Him. Now when off from work it is time to make time for God and to read His Words, the Bible. Now it is time to take on our other life job, giving ourself to God so that He can do His job to transform our character and empower us to accomplish everything He calls us to do.
Getting older doesn’t mean maturity in God’s eyes. By digging into Scripture and developing righteous habits, we can use our years to grow stronger in the Lord instead of wasting time with passivity. No one accidentally becomes mature. Spiritual growth requires a diligent pursuit of God.
Do not waste your time, give some precious time to your Creator and allow yourself being modelled by Him.
- Allow yourself a chill-out day
- Time to Unwind
- Holiday making and dreaming
- Give your worries to God
- Witnesses of Christ and of his gospel
- Shabbat Mevarchim opening to the Summer-holiday period
- 2016 Summer holiday
- Home-stayers and their to do list
- Holiday time reading time
- Summerholiday season time to read the Bible
- Of the many books Only the Bible can transform
- Summer holiday time to knock and ask, and time to share
- Counting sands and stars
- Happy August!
- An uncovering book to explore
- Psst! Spread The Good Word!
- Character transformed by the influence of our fellowships
- Christ entered our world to transform our lives
- Humans choose to live in a world full of hate, war, and disharmony
- Feel like you’ve been through the wringer?
- Feeling Down…
- Know the signs to combat workplace stres
- Can You Choose Well-being over Burn-out
- Setting Boundaries
- The Best Of The Season – haiku by Dennis Allen Lange
- The Good Summer Vibes You Need Today
- My summer of changes
- Don’t Work
- Everyone takes leaps of faith
- A stargazer’s thought
- Of everything celestial and a tiny speck; You.
- The Perfect Plan
- Summertime by Kelly F. Barr
- July Family Vacation and More
- Life Lately: The Best Things About Summer
- A Lot of “Lately”
- Summer Memories Relived at Santa’s Village
- Hope and Faith
- Lord’s True Love
- Today, I Will Trust God To . . . .
- Do What You Can do First? Wrong!
- You Must be in the Dark to See the Light
- You Can Overcome Your Fears and Challenges. Yes, You Can!
- Knowing Your Purpose
- You are Invited
- God’s Pruning Instrument
- Trust God!