Matthew 4:23-25 – Kingdom Preaching and Healing Draws Crowds
|| Mark 1:39; 3:7, 8; Luke 4:14 – 15:44
MT4:23 And Jesus was traveling around the whole of Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the good news of the Kingdom, and curing every disease and every infirmity among the people. MT4:24 And reports about Jesus circulated as far as Syria. They brought to Jesus all those faring badly, having a variety of diseases and afflicted with torments, the demon-possessed, the moonstruck and paralytics – and Jesus cured them. MT4:25 And many crowds followed Jesus – from Galilee, the Decapolis, Jerusalem and Judea, and from the other side of the Jordan.
 Synagogues: Jesus does what Paul does later: as Jews they preach where Jews gather.
 Moonstruck: The Greek is SELENIA-ZOMENOUS and is variously translated: KJV: lunatick; ASV: epileptic; BAS: those who were out of their minds; PME: insane.
Nazarene Commentary Matthew 4:5-7 – A Temptation to Test God
Nazarene Commentary Matthew 4:8-11 – A Temptation to Gain World Rule
Nazarene Commentary Matthew 4:12-17 – Galilee Saw A Great Light
Nazarene Commentary Matthew 4:18-22 – The Calling of the First Disciples
Nazarene Commentary Matthew 5
- Hebrews 2:18 ” Because He Himself suffered when He was tempted, He is able to help those who are being tempted.”
- “Preaching Jesus as God’s Wisdom: Breaking the Denial of Death”: Preaching – III Reconciliation — Explorations in Theology
- The love of Jesus
- One Jesus – Different Calls
- Thomas The Disciple: More Than A Doubter 1
- What Does ‘Fish for Men’ Mean?
- Faith & Fisherman
- God’s Anointed Messenger
- Luke 7: 13 ” When the Lord saw her, His heart went out to her and He said, ‘Don’t cry.’ “
- Morning Coffee Flashback: 6/23/15 What We Are Called To Do! Pt1
- Mark 4: 26-29 ” He also said, ‘This is what the Kingdom of God is like. A man scatters seed on the ground. Night and day, whether he sleeps or gets up, the seed spouts and grows, though he does not know how. All by itself the soil produces the grain – first the stalk, then the head, then the full kernel in the head. As soon as the grain is ripe, he puts the sickle to it, because the harvest has come.’ “
- Series 23 The Gospel of Mark: Chapter 2
- A Healing Jesus and Other Uncomfortable Thoughts
- Repentance – Sermon on Matthew 4:12-23
- Answering the Call (Mt 4:12-23)
- Learning to See with Eyes of Love
- Kiln blog: Kingdom of Joy
- Miracles – Write 31:Day3
- Bible Study Notes from The Gospel of John 2:1-25
- Miracles of Jesus
- When Healing = Salvation
- Fish Dinners and Good Wine – How John Uses Jesus Miracles To Prove Both His Deity And Humanity