Luke 3:21-23 – The Baptism of Christ
LK3:21 Now it happened during the time that time when all the people were being baptized Jesus also was baptized. While he was praying the sky opened up, LK3:22 and the holy Pneuma descended upon Jesus in the bodily shape of a dove. Then a Voice came out of the sky, “You are my beloved Son! I confirm you!” LK3:23 And so when Jesus began his work he was about thirty years old, and according to others the son of Joseph, the son of Heli…
 Mark 1:9-11: For details see notes in Nazarene Commentary 2000 on Mark.
 Jesus also was baptized: Luke does not mean Jesus was baptized among a throng, but that during this period Jesus came privately to John to be baptized. The crowds were not to witness the anointing of Messiah.
 I confirm you:Or, well pleased, take delight, my chosen, approved. The Greek is EU-DOCESA [Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance #2106 think well, approve, approbate]
 About thirty years old: Either he was about to turn 30 or had recently turned 30.
Clearly the One Who does not tell lies confirms the position of the man in the water, who was baptised by John the Baptist. Many who witnessed this occasion heard also the voice of God, who said Jesus was His “Beloved son“. God did not say “This is me”.
God, Who is a Spirit and has no blood, no flesh and no bones, can not be seen by man or they would die. Jesus was seen by many, and had flesh, blood and bones.
- Nazarene Commentary Mark 1:1-8 – The Beginning of the Good News
- Seeing or not seeing and willingness to find God
- Christ begotten through the power of the Holy Spirit
- Jesus begotten Son of God #6 Anointed Son of God, Adam and Abraham
- Jesus begotten Son of God #11 Existence and Genesis Raising up
- Jesus begotten Son of God #14 Beloved Preminent Son and Mediator originating in Mary
- Jesus Messiah
- Jesus and his God
- The high calling of God in Christ Jesus
- On the Nature of Christ
- Servant of his Father
- In the death of Christ, the son of God, is glorification
- People Seeking for God 7 The Lord and lords
- Being Religious and Spiritual 7 Transcendence to become one
- Trusting, Faith, Calling and Ascribing to Jehovah #14 Prayer #12 The other name
- A Messiah to die
- God of gods
- God is one
- Only One God
- Attributes to God
- No Other Name (But Jesus)