Luke 1:67-80 – Zechariah’s Prophecy
LK1:67 Then the baby’s father Zechariah was filled with holy Pneuma and prophesied: “Blessed [be] YHWH, The God of Israel, [Psalm 41:13] LK1:68 for He visited and redeemed His People. [Psalm 111:9] LK1:69 He raised up for us a horn of salvation in His servant David’s House. [Psalm 132:17] LK1:70 Just as He spoke through the mouth of His holy prophets from ages past – LK1:71 that He would save us from the hand of our enemies who hated us. [Psalm 106:10] LK1:72 This in order to demonstrate [His] mercy to our forefathers and to remember His holy covenant. [Psalm 105:8] LK1:73 That oath He swore to our father Abraham [Genesis 22:16] – LK1:74 to grant us deliverance from the hand of our enemies [Jeremiah 30:8] – LK1:75 so that we may serve Him fearlessly all our days in holiness and righteousness. [Jeremiah 30:9] LK1:76 And so you also, child, will be called a prophet of the Most High. For in the sight of YHWH you will go before to prepare His way [Isaiah 40:3; Malachi 3:1] – LK1:77 to give knowledge of salvation to His People by a forgiveness of their sins, LK1:78 through the tender mercies of our God that will dawn on us from a heavenly visitation – LK1:79 to become visible to those sitting in the darkness of death’s shadow, [Isaiah 9:2] to direct our feet into the way of peace.” LK1:80 And so the child continued to grow and become stronger mentally, remaining in the desert until the day of his appearing to Israel.
 Blessed [be] YHWH, The God of Israel: Compare also 1 Kings 1:48; Psalm 72:18; 106:48.
 Redeemed His People: Compare Luke 7:16.
 He raised up for us a horn: From Psalm 132:17 but with echoes of Hannah again. [1 Samuel 2:10]
 He spoke through the mouth of His holy prophets from ages past: As in Jeremiah 23:5; Daniel 9:24. Compare Hebrews 1:1.
 He would save us from the hand of our enemies who hated us: From Psalm 106:10.
 Forgiveness of their sins: For details see notes in Nazarene Commentary 2000 on Mark 1:4.
 So the child continued to grow and become stronger mentally: Or, strong in spirit. Compare Jesus at Luke 2:40.
- Tuesday, December 24, 2013 Advent Weekday (catholicquotesblog.wordpress.com)
76.And you, child, will be called the prophet of the Most High; for you will go before the Lord to prepare his ways,
77.to give knowledge of salvation to his people in the forgiveness of their sins,
- 10 Things God Can’t Do (traceyamcpheron.wordpress.com)
1. God can’t get tired; 2. God can’t take on a job he can’t handle; 3. God can’t be unholy; 4.God can’t be prejudiced; 5. God can’t break a promise; 6. God can’t remember sins he’s chosen to forget; 7. God can’t make a loser; 8. God can’t abandon you; 9. God can’t stop thinking about you; 10. God can’t stop loving you
- This Week’s Commentaries: Second Week of Advent~(Sunday, December 8-Sunday, December 15, 2013) (stjoeofoblog.wordpress.com)
- Advent: Jesus, the Nazarene (reimaginingpresence.wordpress.com)
- Celebrate Week 3 (gracenazarene.org)
- Our bible Journey through the year 2013. (bamigboyeolayemi.wordpress.com)
- Sing a Song of Advent (diodocs.wordpress.com)
- Nazarene Commentary Luke 1:46-56 – Mary Magnifies God (donniebishop.wordpress.com)
- Luke 1:57-80 (oh-mag.com)